DAT- Dance , Art, Talent- Project A was created by dancers for dancers! A first of it's kind competitive production where all that matters is skill, creativity & a burning desire to win a piece
of the $10,000 in prize money! There are NO LIMITS, NO Syllabus & NO boarders, so get as creative as you can & bring your best S**t to the Finale Gala stage. Props, Effects, Creative costumes, Technical enhancements encouraged!
We look to unite dancers across genres as everyone has something to share with each other. So prepare for a fierce head to head competition of genres colliding where the main criteria is entertainment value & creativity! So don't be surprised to see Hip Hop vs Ballet, Pole Dance vs Contortion, Ballroom vs Jazz, compete in Solo, Duet, Troupe & Specialty Act Categories with the ultimate goal of wow'ing the audience and of course the judges!
With celebrity judges from SYTYCD, Cirque Du Soleil, Broadway & more, the FINALE Gala features:
- Live Competition in Solo, Duet, Troupe, Kids Group & Specialty Act categories
- Feature KulKat Theatrical Performances
- Theatrical & Dance Wear Fashion Show
- Special Performances by Juno Award Nominees
- Live Painting on stage
- Celebrity Guest appearances
If you're a dancer in Canada, then you have a place in DAT- Project A! Submit you video to register! Free to Submit! Follow the steps below
Be part of a movement, showcase your skills, win cash prizes & elevate yourself to the TOP! Here is how you can be a part of PROJECT A:
CATEGORIES & CRITERIA:
Dancers of all genres welcome! Select your category & genre! Multi-disciplinary dancers can register for more than one category & genre!
- Solo (Ages 16+)
- Duet (At least one of the performers is 16 years old)
- Troupe (Majority of the performers are 16 years old or older)
- Specialty Acts (Ages 16+)
- Kids Groups (Majority of the performers are 15 & under and no younger than 7)
- Street: Hip Hop, Krump, Popping & Locking,
- Ballroom/Latin (includes Club Dances - Salsa, Merengue, Bachata & Argentine Tango)
- Break Dance
- Belly Dance
- Dance Hall
- Pole Dance/Aeriel Silks/Aerial Hoop/Lollipop/Trapeze/Cyr Wheel
- Tap Dance
- Irish Dance
- Mixed Fusion
Step 1: VIDEO SUBMISSION - Free to Submit
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: February 9th, 2020
- Upload a video of the show you'd like to compete with to We-Transfer (Max Video Length 5 minutes. Submit as many videos as you'd like to increase your chances to make it to the live audition. You will be required to perform the same performance as in your submission if selected)
All Videos will be uploaded to YouTube and you will receive a notification of the upload confirming your registration
Top 20 best video shows will be selected per category according to this criteria (See Judging Criteria in the Rules Section) to move onto the LIVE AUDITIONS round & have the chance to win the "Most Liked" contest (details should be in separate banner)
Step 2: LIVE AUDITIONS - Top 20 per category
- Show up to LIVE AUDITION (Feb 23, 2020 at DANCE DNA Studio)
Please note, your LIVE AUDITION show piece will be the same show piece selected for the Finale Gala!
Step 3: FINALE GALA- Top 3 per category
Top 3 winners will be announced via FB Live, FB/Instagram Channels & Your Personal Account mail box. ALL FINALISTS INVITED TO FINALE GALA walk away with incredible prizes!
- Receive Invitation to FINALE GALA round for the final step to the competition!
- Confirm Registration for FINALE GALA via web portal
- Perfect your LIVE AUDITION show piece & provide us your technical requirements for the day of show (Details Sent with Invite)
- GET READY TO COMPETE on March 14th for your chance to win DAT crown & TOP CASH Prizes ranging from $500-$2000!
MOST LIKED VIDEO Contest
Top 100 videos submitted to DAT will be uploaded to the official @DATPROJECT.ca YouTube Channel for a chance to win $500 for Most Liked Video!
- Regardless of whether you make it to Top 20 or Top 3, you still have a chance to win!
- Send your video to all your friends, families, colleagues, pets & strangers!
- Ask them to LIKE your video and SHARE IT!
- Video with the MOST LIKES by 5pm on March 14th, 2020 wins $500 at the FINALE Gala!
Put yourself in front of 4 incredible industry guru's! Check out the Judges section & check back for updates!
Criteria for Competitors:
- High technical ability
- Variety of Elements demonstrated
- Use of Props/Costuming/Technology
- Creative Transitions between elements
- High Theatrical Expression
- Unique Entertainment Value
- Creative Music Selection
- Completeness of Show Piece (Entrance, Main Show, Exit/Finale)
See full Adjudicating Criteria in the Rules Section.
There are over $10,000 in prizes to be win including cash prizes, experiences & products!
PLUS: Follow Us on Instagram @DATPROJECT.CA to win incredible prizes as we start the countdown to DAT - Project A!
- 1st: $1,000
- 1st: $1,500
- 1st: $2,000
- 1st: $500
- 1st: $1,000
Most Liked Video:
- Cash Prize: $500
Plus Additional incredible prize packs for runner up placings!
All Winners receive a professional Photo (print & digital) from the competition as well as promotion across Social media, DAT Project.ca & KulKat Media Channels & Client base for future bookings!
We are currently looking for Sponsors & Vendors in the following categories:
- Dance Wear Products & Suppliers
- Wine/Beer - Lobby Reception
- Snacks - Lobby Reception
- Printing & Signage - Stage & Lobby
Please view our sponsor package for our offerings or contact us for further questions!
Tickets to Gala are non exchangeable and non refundable. All purchases are final saleContact Us